Straight Knife Blade Making
- The Green Wood Centre
- 24 Feb 2024
We are seeking a management accountant with a ‘can-do’ attitude to join our friendly team, based in Coalbrookdale, Shropshire.
Salary: circa £32,000 FTE
It’s an exciting time to be joining the organisation; our charity has never been more needed, as woodlands become more central to people’s every day lives, and their role helping to address climate crisis is gaining recognition. After a period of rapid growth we have great plans for the future.
On a day-to-day basis you will:
· Work closely with the Chief Executive and Senior manager for administration and finance, including assisting with the annual audit and budget setting;
· Prepare financial information for the Board, Chief Executive, senior leadership team and budget holders, including quarterly management accounts;
· Take ownership of all balance sheet items, ensuring all are regularly reconciled;
· Help colleagues across the organisation, including regularly reconciling our accounts system with that of the project delivery teams;
· Line manage an experienced accounts assistant;
You will be offered a competitive salary within the SWA pay structure, employer pension scheme, 25 days annual leave (pro-rata) plus bank holidays, twice-yearly all-staff training and team building events, along with a range of other employee wellbeing initiatives.
You will be a proactive and organised individual with a naturally analytical approach and having a strong eye for detail. You will be a fully- or part-qualified accountant with a recognised accountancy body and have experience working in a similar role within a charity along with a good understanding of charity SORP.
This is a part-time post, ideally based in our Coalbrookdale office, although hybrid working is possible.
As a charity, wellbeing is at the forefront of all we do. We aim to be a leading employer in the industry and make sure everyone at Small Woods has the opportunity to thrive.
Closing date for applications: 10th February 2024
Please return your completed application to: [email protected]