Craig Gwladus | Half Term Activities
Activities are free and will be taking place in the meadow are of the park below the beech woods in Cilfrew
Saturday 23 October
- 9.30am – 1.30pm - Woodland management activities with Ranger Steve
- 1.30pm - 4pm - Photography Workshop capture the autumn colours of the wood. No specialist camera equipment required, focusing on picture composition.
- 11am – 1pm - Dryad Bushcraft taster session including firelighting, shelter building, safe knife use, natural cordage and foraging.
- 2.30pm – 3.30pm - Guided walk of Craig Gwladus Woods an overview of the coal mining heritage and an insight into how the woods are being managed for wildlife and people. Walking boots advised.
Monday 25 October
- 11am - 1pm - Foraging and cooking session learning how to use plants for food and medicine and making a preparation to take home
- 11am - 2pm - Green wood work have a go at carving under expert tuition
- TBC - Bug Life explore the meadow and woodland area and see what creatures you can find!
- 2pm - 5pm - Basic bike maintenance bring your bike along and we can check its in good order and be shown the basics of fixing it.
Friday 29 October
- 9.30am - 1.30pm - Woodland Management activities with Ranger Steve
- 11am - 1pm and 2pm - 4pm - Family Session woodland crafts and nature activities
- 11am – 1pm - Dryad Bushcraft taster session including firelighting, shelter building, safe knife use, natural cordage and foraging
For further information contact Project Officer Anna Stickland