What we do
Discover local woodland projects, learn woodland skills, find support to manage your own small woodland, and improve your health and wellbeing outdoors - with Small Woods.
- Training and Events - for woodland managers, enthusiasts and apprentices
- Advice and Information - sustainable woodland management, woodland economy, woodland wildlife, and social forestry
- Woodland Projects - promoting woodland management, coppice restoration, social forestry, biodiversity, health & wellbeing in woodlands, and community woodland support
- Sustainable Woodland Management - promoting and support the sustainable management of small woodlands for the benefit of wildlife and people
- Social Forestry - opening opportunities to improve health and wellbeing through woodland activities
- Small Woods Member scheme - offering woodland management support and advice, a quarterly Small Woods magazine, discounts of courses and events and more.
- Woodland Research - to improve the understanding, awareness and sustainability of small woodlands now and for future generations
Small Woods work across the UK delivering woodland activities in England, Wales and Scotland.