Become a Small Woods Member
We are the national organisation for woodland owners, workers, supporters and those looking to start a career with woodlands. We are here to support you in all aspects of woodland management whether you are an experienced woodland owner, just starting out, or simply an enthusiast.
We offer our members a wide range of training, events and support designed to help you to make decisions about woodland management, whether you are managing it for wood fuel, timber, wildlife or recreation, or indeed a mixture. We aim to help, whatever your motivation or stage of development.
Example Small Woods Magazine Cover. Issue 82. Spring 2021
We offer a wide range of benefits
- Quarterly ‘Smallwoods’ magazine, aimed at both the experienced forester and those new to woodlands, packed full of articles on doing the right thing by your woodland whether your main interest is wood fuel, timber, wildlife or recreation.
- Online resources including a regular e-newsletter on our activities and news from the woodland sector, and new for 2020 we are hosting a full programme of online talks and workshops.Members also have access to a dedicated area on our website covering everything from finding a woodland, setting objectives, marketing timber and enhancing biodiversity, this also includes a forum for members discussion and a data bank of information. .
- Woodland Surgery: Our technical information, video call, email and telephone line, giving you answers from experienced and qualified foresters to all manner of queries.
- Invitations to attend our Members’ visits and training events, giving you the opportunity to learn about woodlands and meet other enthusiastic Members.
- 20% off all training courses at the Green Wood Centre in Shropshire, home of Small Woods.
- Access to our Mentor Scheme, matching experienced members, woodland advisors and/or a regional coordinator with those new to woodland management, or those requiring some on the ground technical support.
- Invitation to attend our annual Skill Share event and the Small Woods AGM.
- The opportunity to add your voice to the policy work we do with national and regional bodies, ensuring that the interests of our small woodlands and those caring for them are not forgotten.
With your support
Your support means we can continue our policy work with national and regional bodies, ensuring that the interests of our small woodlands and those caring for them are not forgotten.
By choosing to join the Small Woods Association, you will become part of the UK’s leading charity working with owners and managers to bring neglected woodlands back into active management.
We stand for living sustainable woods: alive with wildlife, people and work.
Our work is urgent, as currently around half of UK woodlands are under- or un-managed and therefore do not achieve their potential in providing opportunities for people and wildlife. Your membership will help us change that.
- Individual (£38 per year) membership for owners and managers
- Joint (£40 per year)
- Family (£52 per year) membership for families
- Concession (Coppice, craft worker, student) (£30 per year)
- Community woodland group (£40 per year) membership for community woodland groups
- Corporate (£120 per year)
- Life membership is available. Please contact the office for more details.
If paying by Bacs or cheque, a £5 administrative fee will be added to the above prices
You can join us online here (payments are taken through our secure payments gateway provided by Stripe)
Select a subscription type and click 'Subscribe' button
Pay by Direct Debit
Please print off and complete the Direct Debit form below together with the Membership Application form and return to our office.
Pay by cheque
Please fill in the membership application form and send it back to us along with a cheque made payable to Small Woods Association for the required amount. Please note that membership fees are slightly higher when paid by cheque to cover the additional administration time.
If you have any questions please contact Sonia on 01952 432 769 or email [email protected]