This course is taught by Maurice Clothier of Touch-Wood
You will learn;
- A variety of different cutting techniques and knife positions
- How to use whittling tools safely and effectively
- Different properties of green wood
- How to carve a tree spirit from a piece of round wood, inspired by examples Maurice saw on a visit to Norway
- How to transfer those skills to other projects
This course will be taught in a group setting around the fire circle, each equipped with a sloyd knife and a piece of green wood. Maurice will take you through a variety of cuts that can be used and applied to whatever you want to make.